Niantic has announced yet another Community Day for Pokémon GO. During the event, you’ll be able to evolve Staravia into a Staraptor that will get the fast attack Gust. You can also take advantage of other bonuses.
Niantic has announced yet another Community Day for Pokémon GO. This time around, the event will feature the very common Pokémon—Starly. The Community Day is taking place on Sunday, July 17 from 11am to 2pm local time. Though the event is centered around Starly, there will be more available to you than just copious opportunities to catch the Pokémon.
Table Of Contents
During this event, you will have an opportunity for the final evolution of Starly to get the fast attack Gust. You will need 25 Starly Candies to evolve Starly into Staravia. Next, you will need 100 more Starly Candies to evolve Staravia into Staraptor. If you evolve Staravia into Staraptor during the event, or up to five hours after the event has concluded, you can get a Staraptor that knows the fast attack Gust. In Trainer Battles, Gust will have a power of 16. In Gym and Raid Battles, the attack will have a power of 25.
Special Research Story
Niantic has also announced the Starly Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Starly to go along with this event. To access this Special Research story, you will need to purchase a ticket for $1USD (or the equivalent in your local region). Tickets for the Special Research story have not gone live yet, so you’ll need to keep tabs on when you can purchase them.
The Starly Community Day offers other bonuses while the event is taking place:
- 3x Catch XP
- 2x Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2x chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours
- An additional Special Trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day
- Trades made during the event and up to five hours afterward will require 50% less Stardust
- Staravia appearing in Four-Star Raids
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- A surprise that you can uncover by taking a few snapshots of Pokémon during the event
Note that the Special Trade bonus will be active from 11:00am to 7:00pm local time on this Community Day. This bonus will stack with the additional Special Trade bonus for the Season.
Bonuses for Groups
Playing with other people will pay off for this Community Day. If you and other people catch enough Pokémon off a single Lure Module, the 3x XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4x bonus XP for 30 minutes. Note that this bonus will not stack with the 3x bonus, but it will replace it instead.