In light of Final Fantasy 7 celebrating 25 years, Square Enix is now hosting a #WhatFFVIIMeansToMe event in which fans can record a video of themselves discussing Final Fantasy 7, and submit it for an official tribute video.
This summer has been a huge one for Final Fantasy 7 fans. On June 16, Square Enix hosted a livestream event to celebrate Final Fantasy 7’s 25th anniversary. During this event, they made numerous announcements regarding Final Fantasy 7. These announcements included:
- Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth (Remake Part Two)
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7: Reunion
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Intergrade (coming to Steam)
- Final Fantasy 7: The First Solider
- Final Fantasy 7: Ever Crisis
- New Merch Available
Today, on July 7, Square Enix has announced that they intend to put together a tribute to commemorate the anniversary. “…We want to celebrate it alongside [this] amazing community,” they explain. “We’re planning to create an official tribute to commemorate this important milestone, and we want it to feature the people that made it possible: you!”
Tell us what #FFVII means to you!
We want to hear how Final Fantasy VII was a part of your life over the last 25 years. Share your videos with us, using #WhatFFVIIMeansToMe.
Learn more: https://t.co/mgeiXr6YQd pic.twitter.com/rT8sAxxhpu
— FINAL FANTASY VII (@finalfantasyvii) July 7, 2022
In short, Square Enix is looking for fans to make a video of themselves expressing what Final Fantasy 7 means to them.
Did the original game change your perception of storytelling in video games? Have you started your journey at Final Fantasy VII Remake? Is there a character that you relate to, or themes that stick with you? Or perhaps Final Fantasy VII is with you forever as part of a tattoo… or even your wedding day? We know how passionate you are about this game, and we want to hear your stories firsthand!
Square Enix recommends specifically considering the following questions for your video:
- Sum up why you love Final Fantasy 7 in one sentence or four words.
- What are your memories of playing the original Final Fantasy 7?
- What are three words to describe Final Fantasy 7 Remake?
- Who is your favorite character, and tell us why in one sentence?
- Why does Final Fantasy 7 and its themes still resonate 25 years on?
Ideally, they’re looking for the video to be under 30 seconds long, so you’ll want to get straight to the point in your response. Upload the video to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, tag @FinalFantasyVII, and use #WhatFFVIIMeansToMe to submit your entry.