Earlier today, Square Enix gave us a new release trailer for The DioField Chronicle. The trailer shows off some of the gameplay and characters, and it gives us a release date of September 22, 2022.
The DioField Chronicle is already available for preorder, and it will launch on PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam.
The story for The Diofield Chronicle is centered around a group known as Blue Fox. They are a band of mercenaries who will make a significant difference in the world’s ongoing war and turmoil. Square Enix highlights the Blue Fox’s first long-distance deployment into a considerable battle. One of the characters comments that they may even be able to take back Daglund, implying that they’ve already lost ground to the enemy. However, it’s unclear whether Blue Fox will make a difference of hope or destruction in the big picture.
Today’s trailer also gave us some insight into the main characters from The DioField Chronicles:
- Andrias Rhondarson: One of the four heads of the Blue Fox and a calm, cool, and resourceful leader
- Fredret Lester: One of the four heads of the Blue Foxes
- Iscarion Colchester: One of the four heads of the Blue Fox and the son of a minor noble
- Waltaquin Redditch: One of the four heads of the Blue Fox and a noblewoman of the esteemed House Redditch
- Izelair Wigan: A Blue Fox and the only daughter of a famous mercenary with legendary skill
- Lorraine Luckshaw: An administrator for the Blue Fox mercenary company
- Hezeliah Shaytham: The princess of Alletain
- William Hende: Head of a noble house with considerable power
The DioField Chronicle is a real-time tactical battle (RTTB). This is a brand-new strategy game that Square Enix has developed, and it’s said to blend fantasy, medieval, and modern-day influences. The game will have “diorama-style” visuals, and you will be commanding your forces as if you were a general. You’ll be giving orders to your army throughout the game and trying to take advantage of your soldiers’ strengths and enemy weaknesses. There will be different skills, equipment, and classes at your disposal.