Today, Blizzard announced that their next expansion of World of Warcraft will be launching by the end of 2022. There will be three different Editions for this expansion, and each will have various bonus content included.
Table Of Contents
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight will be the ninth expansion of World of Warcraft, a massive online RPG. The expansion was announced on April 19, earlier this year, and with the announcement came a preview trailer. The trailer suggested numerous features that this new expansion will contain, including WoW Raid and new playable Race-and-Class.
Today, Blizzard posted on Battle.net that World of Warcraft: Dragonflight will officially be launching by the end of 2022. Specifically, the text reads “World of Warcraft: Dragonflight will be available on or before December 31, 2022.” This has already come as a shock to some, considering the scope of the project. It’s important to keep in mind that we could still see a delay announced, and the expansion could be pushed until 2023.
Differences in Editions
There are three different Editions of War of Warcraft: Dragonflight that will be available to you. They will each have different bonus content.
The Base Edition will include a pre-purchase of World of Warcraft: Dragonflight and the Drakks pet as a pre-purchase bonus item.
The Heroic Edition includes everything in the Base Edition, with the addition of the Tangled Dreamweaver flying mount, the Murkastrasza pet, and instant access to a Dragonflight-Level Character Boost (Level 60).
The Epic Edition includes everything from the Heroic Edition, with the addition of 30 days of game time, the Timewalker’s Hearthstone effect, the Diadem of the Spell-Keeper’s head-slot transmog, and the Wings of Awakening back-slot transmog which includes five color variants—one for each of the major Dragonflights.
Blizzard posted notes other important details about the game and its launch, including:
- The expansion requires you to have World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
- In-game items and Dragonflight-Level Character Boost are not available in World of Warcraft: Classic
- Dragonflight-Level Character Boost is only usable on the World of Warcraft game account on which it was purchased or redeemed as a gift
- Upgrading to the Epic Edition will not re-grant any in-game items previously unlocked on your account
- The expansion requires World of Warcraft, World of Warcraft subscription, internet connection, a Battle.net account, and a Battle.net desktop app to play
Check out the full post on Battle.net for some extra information and the system requirements for this expansion.