Silicone Rubber is a material you’ll need to get up and running in Subnautica. This raw material is needed to craft items you’ll use from the beginning to the end of the game. Here’s how to get it.
Table Of Contents
How to Get Silicone Rubber in Subnautica
To get Silicone Rubber in Subnautica, you’ll need to turn to the Fabricator. This is the device that’s present on Lifepod 5 which you can use to turn a handful of raw and organic materials into something more. It’s the only device on the pod that remained operational after you crash-landed on the planet.
Now, to craft your own Silicone Rubber, you’ll need to head outside and look for Creepvine Seed Cluster which you can pick up from a Creepvine’s body. You can find this flora species at the Kelp Forest. The Seed Clusters are the bioluminescent bulbs that are usually located in the middle of the Creepvine’s body.
Once you have a Creepvine Seed Cluster on hand, return to your Fabricator and start crafting. With only one Creepvine Seed Cluster, you can craft two Silicone Rubbers.
What The Silicone Rubber is Used For
Silicone Rubber is a required ingredient for a lot of the most essential items, especially early on, such as the Repair Tool and the Survival Knife. Without these items, you’ll never be able to progress in Subnautica, which makes Silicone Rubber a highly necessary raw material.
Here is every item in Subnautica that you can craft with Silicone Rubber:
- Survival Knife – 1x Titanium, 1x Silicone Rubber
- Air Bladder – 1x Bladderfish, 1x Silicone Rubber
- Repair Tool – 1x Titanium, 1x Cave Sulfurm 1x Silicone Rubber
- Fins – 2x Silicone Rubber
- Power Cell – 2x Battery, 1x Silicone Rubber
- Ion Power Cell – 2x Ion Battery, 1x Silicone Rubber
- Bulkhead – 3x Titanium, 1x Silicone Rubber
- Ultra Glide Fins – Fins, 1x Titanium, 1x Lithium, 2x Silicone Rubber