Wings allow you to fly and glide while granting you Fall Damage immunity when exploring Hardmode worlds of Terraria. Looking into making your fighting strategy more fun and exciting? You’ll want to learn how to get wings.
Table Of Contents
The Easiest Wings to Get in Terraria
Some wings are easier to get than others. Here are a few of the easiest wings to get.
An accessory that functions like Wings that allows you to fly up to 248 ft. high. However, you can only move forward or backward for up to 15 blocks or 3 seconds. You can purchase a Jetpack for 40 Gold from the Steampunker during 5-8 Moon Phases, but you’ll have to make a vacant house and defeat one of these Mechanical Bosses for her to appear:
- The Destroyer: The easiest Mechanical Boss. Use a Daedalus Storm Bow with Holy Arrows. You can summon it with a Mechanical Worm, which requires 6 Rotten Chunk, 5 Iron Bar, and 6 Soul of Night. You’ll also need a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil. Use it at Night.
- The Twins: Use an Armor set that buffs your Ranged Weapons. You can summon it with a Mechanical Eye, which requires 3 Lens, 5 Iron Bar, and 6 Soul of Light You’ll also need a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil. Use it at Night.
- Skeletron Prime: Use a Clockwork Assault Rifle with Crystal Bullets. Summon with a Mechanical Skull, which requires 30 Bone, 5 Iron Bar, 3 Soul of Light, and 3 Soul of Night. You’ll also need a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil. Use it at Night.
A Craftable Wings type that allows you to fly up to 134 ft. high. It sparkles and only sheds light on a small radius. It requires 100 Pixie Dust from Pixies, which frequents The Hallow, and 20 Soul of Flight from Wyverns or Arch Wyverns that are found in Space. Be sure to be around 55% altitude for them to spawn.
A rare Craftable Wings type that allows you to fly up to 162 ft high. It glows in the dark but doesn’t shed any light. It requires 1 Ice feather, a 33% drop rate item from Ice Golems only during a Blizzard in the Snow Biome, and 20 Soul of Flight. It’s recommended to use a Yoyo or Hel-Fire to defeat an Ice Golem. Be sure not to go too far or it will disappear.
Angel or Demon Wings
A Craftable Wings type that allows you to fly up to 104 ft high.
- Angel Wings: 10 Feather, 20 Soul of Flight, and 25 Soul of Light.
- Demon Wings: 10 Feather, 20 Soul of Flight, and 25 Soul of Night.
You can get Feather from a Harpy that spawns around Floating Island heights—above 400 ft. To get Soul of Light, you have to defeat enemies in the Underground Hollow. As for Soul of Night, you have to defeat enemies in the Underground Corruption.
Leaf Wings allows you to fly up to 104 ft high and can be purchased for 68 Gold Coin from the Witch Doctor at Night. You’ll have to make a vacant house and defeat Queen Bee before he appears in the Jungle Biome.
Queen Bee is an optional boss in the Jungle Biome. You can summon her in two ways: By destroying Larva in Bee Hives of Underground Jungle, or by using an Abeemination within the Jungle to summon her. The Abeemination requires 5 Honey Block, 1 Stinger, 5 Hive, and 1 Bottled Honey.
To defeat the Queen Bee, fight her in the Bee Hive to gain access to Honey, which boosts your Health Regeneration. Use Ranged Weapons and Throwables against her. Defeat each and every Bee minion as they appear. Take advantage of the Wooden Platforms to block her Stingers.
The Best Wings in Terraria
An end-game set of Wings that allows you to fly up to 212 ft high with the fastest hovering speed around 300% of all wings in Terraria. It emits sky blue light and glows in the dark. It requires 14 Vortex Fragment and 10 Luminate Bar.
- Vortex Fragment: It’s dropped in stacks of up to 100 during the Lunar Events from the Vortex Pillar. You can also make it with 1 Solar Fragment, 1 Nebula Fragment, and 1 Stardust Fragment with the Ancient Manipulator.
To trigger the Lunar Events, you must defeat the Lunatic Cultist Boss. You need to defeat Golem and kill the Cultists at the Dungeon’s entrance for him to appear. Once defeated, he will drop the Ancient Manipulator.
- Luminate Bar: It requires 4 Luminite Ore with the Ancient Manipulator. The Luminite Ore is dropped by the Moon Lord, the final Hardmode boss in Terraria, in stacks of up to 110. You need to trigger the Lunar Events and destroy the 4 Celestial Pillars, which are Solar Pillar, Vortex Pillar, Nebula Pillar, and Stardust Pillar.
Or you can make the Celestial Sign to summon Moon Lord in 1 minute. It requires 20 Solar Fragment, 20 Vortex Fragment, 20 Nebula Fragment, and 20 Stardust Fragment with the Ancient Manipulator. To use it, you must meet these requirements:
- Hardmode world
- Golem has been defeated.
- No active invasion events, including the Lunar Events.
- No other bosses are alive, including the Moon Lord himself.
- No player is within 2500 x 1500 pixels from the Mysterious Tablet.
An end-game set of Wings that allows you to fly up to 330 ft high. It requires 14 Nebula Fragment and 10 Luminate Bar.
- Nebular Fragment: It’s dropped from the Nebula Pillar in stacks of up to 100 during the Lunar Events. To make one, you will need 1 Solar Fragment, 1 Vortex Fragment, and 1 Stardust Fragment with the Ancient Manipulator.
A unique set of Wings that allows you to fly up to 248 ft high and move faster in Water, Lava, and Honey. It leaves a bubble trail when using it. You’ll have to defeat Duke Fishron for him to drop it. You can summon him by fishing using a Truffle Worm as bait in the oceans. Just be sure to equip post-Planter gear before facing him.
An end-game set of Wings that allows you to fly up to 334 ft high. It is the second best set of Wings in Terraria. It requires 14 Solar Fragments and 10 Luminite Bars.
- Solar Fragment: It’s dropped from the Solar Pillar in stacks of up to 100 during the Lunar Events. To make one requires 1 Vortex Fragment, 1 Nebula Fragment, and 1 Stardust Fragment with the Ancient Manipulator.
The best set of Wings of Terraria that you can only get upon defeating the Moon Lord in Expert Mode.
To defeat the Moon Lord in Expert Mode, here are some tips:
- Bring along the best potions and buffs you can get for Health Regeneration, Mana Regeneration, and Defensive Boost depending on your Build. It’s recommended to get Honey Pools and Peace Candles as well.
- Prepare and know your arena well. It’s recommended to have at least 5 layers of platforms and to use Solid Blocks that are up to 3 blocks thick.
- Use the best Statues, which are Heart, Crab, and Piranha.
- Know your Build well. Use the weapons, accessories, and gears you’re comfortable with. Although it’s recommended to use Fishron Wings and Lightning Boots instead of a mount. The Ankh Shield is also a must.
- Learn Moon Lord’s patterns and don’t give up!
The Different Types of Wings in Terraria
The type of Wings you can make if you have the ingredients and crafting stations it requires. Most wings are only available in Hardmode worlds in Terraria, except the Fledgling Wings that a Journey mode character can get or from the Skyware Chests, Sky Crates, and Azure Crates in Terraria Desktop.
Treasure Bag Wings
A set of Wings from a Developer set that you can get by defeating the Hardmode Main bosses in Expert mode at a 5% drop rate. Here’s a list of them:
- Red’s Wings
- D-Town’s Wings
- Will’s Wings
- Crowno’s Wings
- Cenx’s Wings
- Lazure’s Barrier Platform
- Yoraiz0r’s Spell
- Jim’s Wings
- Skiph’s Paws
- Loki’s Wings
- Arkhalis’ Lightwings
- Leinfor’s Prehensile Cloak
- Ghostar’s Infinity Eight
- Safeman’s Blanket Cape
- FoodBarbarian’s Tattered Dragon Wings
- Grox The Great’s Wings
Vendor Sold Wings
A type of Wings that can be purchased from the Vendors in the Hardmode Worlds of Terraria. There are only two:
- Witch Doctor: Leaf Wings
- Steampunker: Jetpack
Enemy Dropped Wings
A type of Wings that you can get only by defeating certain Hardmode-exclusive enemies in Terraria. Here’s a list of them:
- Mothron: Mothron Wings
- Everscream: Festive Wings
- Betsy: Betsy’s Wings
- Empress of Light: Empress Wings
- Duke Fishron: Fishron Wings
- Moon Lord (Expert Mode): Celestial Starboard