Kyanite in Subnautica is a rare raw material that becomes significantly more useful during the game’s final moments. You can find Kyanite in three different biomes. Here’s where you need to look to find Kyanite, and what you can craft with it.
Table Of Contents
Where to Find Kyanite in Subnautica
Kyanite can usually be found on the seabed or as a Large Resource Deposit. When the latter is discovered, you can obtain a maximum of 20 Kyanites just from one tall resource deposit.
There are only 3 biomes that contain this raw material, making it one of the rarest in Subnautica. Don’t worry, though. Despite being a rare material, as long as you’re patient enough to actually farm for this, you should have all the Kyanites you’ll need and more.
Kyanites can only be found in the Inactive Lava Zone, Lava Lakes, and the Lava Castle biomes. Explore these biomes and look for a blue crystal. The color of this raw material is a contrast to the biomes they’re in, making them stand out and easy to spot.
Items You Can Craft With Kyanite
The items that you can craft with Kyanite in Subnautica are very useful during the end-game. In fact, one of them is something you’ll need to build in order to finish the game and see the credits roll.
Here are the items you can craft using the rar Kyanite:
- Blue Tablet – 1x Ion Cube, 2x Kyanite
- Prawn Suit Thermal Reactor – 2x Polyaniline, 1x Wiring Kit, 2x Kyanite
- Cyclops Thermal Reactor Module – 2x Polyaniline, 1x Wiring Kit, 4x Kyanite
- Cyclops Depth Module MK3 – Cyclops Depth Module MK2, 1x Plasteel Ingot, 3x Kyanite
- Prawn Suit Depth Module MK2 – Prawn Suit Depth Module MK1, 5x Titanite, 2x Lithium, 3x Kyanite
- Neptune Escape Rocket Stage 2 – 4x Crystalline Sulfur, 2x Ion Power Cell, 1x Plasteel Ingot, 4x Kyanite