Magnetite is a raw material you’ll need in order to craft a lot of essential items and upgrades in Subnautica. Magnetites aren’t very common, so you’ll need to actively seek them out if you want to have enough of them.
Table Of Contents
Where to Find Magnetite in Subnautica
Unlike some raw materials which are hidden inside harvesting nodes, you can spot Magnetites on the seabed.
You can find Magnetite in these biomes and caves:
- Blood Kelp Zone
- Inactive Lava Zone
- Jellyshroom Cave
- Lava Castle
- Lost River
- Bone Fields
- Ghost Forest
- Tree Cove
- Mountains Caves
- Sea Treader’s Path
While exploring these biomes, look for a spiky, metallic material on the seabed. That’s your Magnetite. Refer to the image below for a clearer glance at what this material looks like from a fair distance.
Items You Can Craft With Magnetite
From defensive weapons to vehicle upgrades, there are a couple of things you can do with Magnetite. These are the items and upgrades that you can craft using this raw material when it’s combined along with a few others.
- Stasis Rifle – 1x Computer Chip, 1x Battery, 1x Titanium, 2x Magnetite
- Thermal Plant – 5x Titanium, 1x Aerogel, 2x Magnetite
- Repulsion Cannon (Repulsion Cannon upgrade) – 1x Computer Chip, 2x Magnetite
- Seamoth Depth Module MK2 (Seamoth Depth Module MK1 upgrade) – 1x Plasteel Ingot, 1x Enameled Glass, 2x Magnetite
- Seamoth Sonar – 1x Copper Wire, 2x Magnetite
- Prawn Suit Propulsion Cannon – 5x Titanium, 1x Computer Chip, 1x Lithium, 2x Magnetite
- Seamoth Vortex Torpedo (2) – 1x Titanium, 1x Magnetite
- Cyclops Sonar Upgrade – 1x Computer Chip, 3x Magnetite
- Scanner Room HUD Chip – 1x Computer Chip, 1x Magnetite
- Scanner Room Range Upgrade – 1x Copper Ore, 1x Magnetite