Nickel Ore in Subnautica is a raw material that a lot of players will have a hard time scouring, and that’s because it is only found in a handful of places. Here’s where you can find them.
Table Of Contents
Where to Find Nickel Ore in Subnautica
Nickel Ores are usually found on the seabed or as Large Resource Deposits. It’s one of the game’s most uncommon raw materials since you can only stumble upon it in 2 biomes.
You can mainly farm for Nickel Ores by exploring 5 sub-areas of the Lost River: The Bone Fields, Ghost Canyon, Ghost Forest, Tree Cove, and Junction.
You can also find them in the Inactive Lava Zone biome, but they’re not as abundant there. You’re better off farming for them in the Lost River instead.
If you ever come across a Large Resource Deposit of Nickel Ores, you’ll need to use the Prawn Suit Drill Arm to break it down. You can acquire about 8 to 16 Nickel Ores from them.
Items You Can Craft With Nickel Ore
Although this raw material is one of the game’s rarer ones, you’ll definitely want to farm for them since some of the most essential end-game items are crafted using Nickel Ores.
That said, here are the items that require Nickel Ore for them to be crafted in Subnautica:
- Orange Tablet – 1x Ion Cube, 2x Nickel Ore
- Cyclops Depth Module MK2 – Cyclops Depth Module MK1, 1x Plasteel Ingot, 3x Nickel Ore
- Prawn Suit Depth Module MK1 – 2x Ruby, 1x Plasteel Ingot, 3x Nickel Ore
- Prawn Suit Jump Jet Upgrade – 5x Titanium, 3x Crystalline Sulfur, 1x Lithium, 2x Nickel Ore
- Neptune Escape Rocket Stage 1 – 2x Aerogel, 1x Plasteel Ingot, 1x Wiring Kit, 3x Nickel Ore
That last item is the first stage of the vehicle you’ll need to create to leave the planet, thus finally ending the game.