You may find yourself wanting to play the Oculus Quest 2, but you’re waiting for it to be done charging. In general, it will take between 2.5 to 3 hours to fully charge, but there are things you can do to speed up the process.
Table Of Contents
How to Charge Your Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest 2 is extremely easy to charge. To charge the headset, simply plug any USB-C cord into the port on the left side of the headset. The controllers are a bit of a different story. Since they are battery operated, there is no direct way to charge the Oculus Quest 2 controllers. However, you can always get some rechargeable batteries or purchase the Anker Charging Dock, which makes charging the controllers even easier.
How Long It Takes for Oculus Quest 2 to Charge
If everything is functioning properly, the Oculus Quest 2 should take about 2.5 hours to fully charge. However, problems will sometimes arise that cause the system to take much longer to charge. If this happens, there are some things you can try out to speed up the charging.
How to Speed Up Oculus Quest 2 Charging
There are a few methods you can try to make your Oculus Quest 2 headset charge faster:
- Make sure the light on the side of the headset is on when it’s plugged in.
- Always turn your Oculus Quest 2 all the way off when you aren’t using it.
- Use the cord that the Oculus Quest 2 came with to charge the headset.
- Make sure the charger is properly plugged in.
- Do not charge the Oculus Quest 2 while playing.
- Turn off the Auto Wake-Up function.
- Turn off the headset when charging.
With these tips, your headset will be charged and you’ll be ready to play in no time!