There’s an option to reroll items in Hogwarts Legacy whenever you open chests. This is useful should you find a legendary chest and want a specific gear type. Keep in mind, though, that rerolling in Hogwarts Legacy is more of a trick rather than a proper in-game mechanic.
Table Of Contents
How Reroll Works in Hogwarts Legacy
Chests in Hogwarts Legacy produce items randomly. One chest will never reward you with the same item each time. You may find that a specific chest will give you an Outfit now, but that same chest will give you a Neckwear in your next playthrough.
You can take advantage of the chests’ reliance on RNG. If you don’t like a gear you receive from a specific chest, simply reload the game until you receive the gear you need. It will always give you a different item each time, after all.
Save and Load Method
This is how you reroll items in chests in Hogwarts Legacy.
- When you find the chest you want to use to reroll items, stand before it, but don’t open it yet.
- Open your Menu and head to Settings.
- Save the game.
- Close the Menu, then open the chest. If the chest rewards you with the gear you need, then you’re set.
- If not, you can reroll the item. Open the Menu, head to Settings, and load the game you recently saved.
- You’ll then be taken back to the save where you haven’t opened the chest yet. Open it this time to see if rewards the gear you want.
- Repeat step 5 until you’re rewarded with the gear you want.
That’s all you need to do to reroll items in Hogwarts Legacy!