A core mechanic in Stardew Valley’s gameplay is helping and befriending the townspeople, and some Story Quests reflect this. Here’s everything you need to know about the story quest “Blackberry Basket,” featuring Linus.
Table Of Contents
Step 1: Check Your Mail
Story Quests that revolve around helping a townsperson typically start with a message in your mailbox. Check your mail on the 8th of Fall, Year 1, to begin the quest.
Once you’ve read Linus’ letter, you’re ready to take the next step.
Step 2: Search for and Retrieve the Blackberry Basket
Linus has misplaced his blackberry basket and can’t remember where he left it. Fortunately, you can easily retrieve it for him.
Linus’ basket is located in the Backwoods, beside a bush near the road tunnel. Simply walk to the left of the bus stop and keep walking until you see the tunnel–you’ll find the blackberry basket there.
Pick up the basket to put it in your inventory. Do note that you can’t use or sell the basket. If it somehow gets lost, you can always collect it again at the Lost and Found box in Lewis’ manor.
Now that you’ve obtained the blackberry basket, it’s time to return it to Linus.
Step 3: Returning the Blackberry Basket to Linus
You’ll have to find Linus first to return his basket to him. Here is a simple schedule of his locations in Fall.
On normal days:
- 6:00 AM: Linus is in his tent north of the Carpenter’s Shop.
- 7:00 AM: Linus stands next to the bush outside his tent.
- 7:40 AM: He moves to his fireplace outside his tent.
- 9:00 AM: Linus walks to the Spa and stands to its right.
- 2:00 PM: Linus moves to the left of the lake outside the mines.
- 6:00 PM: Linus returns to his tent for the night.
On rainy days, his schedule differs slightly:
- 6:00 AM: Linus is in his tent.
- 9:30 AM: Linus leaves his tent to stand under the bush next to his tent.
- 10:10 AM: Linus returns to his tent.
- 3:00 PM: Linus leaves his tent to stand under the large tree to the left of his tent.
- 7:00 PM: Linus goes back to his tent.
- 11:30 PM: Linus goes to sleep.
You can return his basket to him whether he’s inside or outside his tent. Once you return it to him, you’ll gain 255 friendship points. That’s a whole friendship heart!
Now that you know where to find Linus’ blackberry basket, you’re one step closer to befriending one of the town’s many residents and being a great help to the people of Pelican Town.