The Obsidian Skin Potion in Terraria is a must-have item when exploring lava-filled levels. You have a chance of obtaining this item from various sources, but you can also craft it yourself. Here’s what you need to know.
Table Of Contents
What Does the Obsidian Skin Potion Do?
The Obsidian Skin Potion completely negates the Burning debuff and makes the user immune to lava. Once consumed, the immunity buff lasts for a total of 6 minutes.
With this potion, you can mine Hellstone and Meteorite without being burned. It also makes exploring lava Caverns and the entirety of The Underworld so much easier and simpler.
How to Make an Obsidian Skin Potion in Terraria
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to create your own Obsidian Skin Potion, and how to acquire them:
- Bottled Water – Created by using a Bottle on Water or a Sink.
- Fireblossom – Grows on Ash Blocks in The Underworld.
- Waterleaf – Grows on Sand and Pearlsand Blocks.
- Obsidian – Found in areas where water and lava meet.
Once you have the items listed above, you can then craft an Obsidian Skin Potion on an Alchemy Table. You can find an Alchemy Table randomly when exploring Dungeons. Alternatively, you can also craft the potion by using Placed Bottles. You can create this crafting station by placing any of these items on a piece of furniture with a flat surface such as a Work Bench, Table, Dresser, the Tinkerer’s Bookshop, Fireplace, or Piano:
- Pink Vase
The only difference between the two crafting stations is that the Alchemy Table has a 33.33% chance of not consuming the ingredients when crafting the potion.
Other Sources of the Obsidian Skin Potion
Aside from crafting them, you can also obtain Obsidian Skin Potions by destroying crates. However, the chances of them dropping are very low, which means you’re way better off crafting them yourself. For the sake of information, however, here are the crates that have a chance of dropping an Obsidian Skin Potion when destroyed, ranked by how likely they are to drop one.
- Pearlwood Crate – 1.43% Chance
- Wooden Crate – 1.43% Chance
- Iron Crate – 3.13% Chance
- Mythril Crate – 3.13% Chance
- Azure Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Boreal Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Bramble Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Corrupt Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Crimson Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Defiled Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Divine Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Dungeon Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Frozen Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Hallowed Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Hellstone Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Hematic Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Jungle Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Mirage Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Oasis Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Obsidian Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Ocean Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Seaside Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Sky Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Stockade Crate – 4.17% Chance
- Golden Crate – 6.67% Chance
- Titanium Crate – 6.67% Chance
- Shadow Chest – 9.38% Chance
The Obsidian Skin Potion is a vital item in exploring lava-filled areas, and now you know how to get one.