The Blood Moon hunt, where you’ll track down the round and terrible Terminus, is an interesting objective from the Hunt Board in Final Fantasy 16. Its drops are nothing to write home about. However, the Renown and Gil you receive for slaying it make this hunt worthwhile.
Table Of Contents
Where to Find Terminus, the Blood Moon
Terminus, the Blood Moon, is found in the Crock. This is a small area found south of the Dragon’s Aery obelisk in the Holy Empire of Sanbreque.
The Blood Moon only appears here after you’ve started the Brotherhood main quest. To get to the Crock, start from the Dragon’s Aery obelisk and head south. Stick to the southeast and you’ll find an open gate.
Pass through this gate then keep going south until you approach the entrance to a small village. Just before you reach the village’s entrance, take a northeast turn and continue along a thin path—which takes you to the Crock. Once you get to the clearing north of here, you’ll find the Blood Moon.
Check out the image above for Terminus’s exact location. If this locale looks familiar, it’s because it’s the same spot where you may have fought the Bomb King during a previous hunt.
How to Beat Terminus, the Blood Moon
You’ve faced this enemy type before during a main quest. This means its attacks will be somewhat familiar to you, which, in turn, makes for an easier encounter. However, do not underestimate this shocking sphere. It still has a significant health pool and can hit pretty hard. This Notorious Mark is at Level 40 and is classified as A-rank. It’s one of the easier A-rank marks in the Hunt Board, but you should still take this battle seriously.
- Lighting Bolts: When the Blood Moon separates its top and bottom half, it reveals a ball of lightning inside as its entire body becomes covered with lightning. If you see this, dodge or run immediately to the left or right. Terminus fires five to six small bolts of electricity. You can safely begin attacking the Blood Moon once you’re beside it and away from the bolts.
- Clamp Combo: During this assault, Terminus separates its body into two halves to attack multiple times. It positions both of its halves on either side of you as it generates electricity in the middle. If you’re standing directly between the two halves, the Blood Moon will damage you as it puts itself together again.
- Laser Beam: The Blood Moon can also fire an energy beam at you, which you can avoid by dodging through the river of power. It rotates during this attack but stays in place. This gives you ample time to counterattack.
- Short Circuit: The Blood Moon starts doing this attack once its health reaches below 50%. It utilizes every one of its guns to fire laser beams around itself. You can avoid this by dodging away as each laser beam gets close to you. Wait for it to stop performing this deadly light show before closing in to attack.
- Hypersurge: This is another attack this boss does when its health reaches under 50%. The Blood Moon covers itself with electricity before slamming to the ground, causing a surge of energy in a wide circle around itself. It usually does this around three times before stopping.
The Blood Moon can be quite slow between attacks. Take advantage of this by making use of abilities that can be charged for greater damage. This includes Titan’s Windup and Shiva’s Ice Age.
Once this enemy’s health reaches below 50%, it’s a good idea to deal damage to it from afar—especially when it does its Short Circuit and Hypersurge attacks. Use abilities such as Phoenix’s Flames of Rebirth, Ramuh’s Judgment Bolt, and Bahamut’s Gigaflare during the final phase of the fight.
The Blood Moon Hunt Rewards
After you defeat Terminus during the Blood Moon hunt, you’ll receive the following as rewards:
- 3,200 Experience
- 85 Ability Points
- 9,800 Gil
- 35 Renown
- 2 Meteorites
These are fairly common rewards, but they’re still useful if you want Clive to become as powerful as he can. Besides, you’ll need every possible advantage when fighting the more powerful Notorious Marks that Final Fantasy 16 has in store for you. For example, the Dread Comet and the Breaker of Worlds are two such powerful foes. Try facing these fiends next!