To whisper to someone in Minecraft, you’ll need to use a command in chat. This command will only be visible to you, so your message will stay private. However, depending on the platform, your whispering methods will vary.
Table Of Contents
How to Whisper on PC Versions of Minecraft
It’s very simple to whisper to someone on PC versions of Minecraft. All you have to do is open the chat window and type “/tell” to bring up the following commands:
- @a – all players (will send a private message to all players on the server)
- @e – all entities (will send a private message to all entities on the server)
- @p – closest player (will send a private message only to the closest player on the server)
- @r – random player (will send a private message to 1 random player on the server)
- @s – yourself (will send a private message to yourself)
If you want to send a message to a specific person, simply follow “/tell” with the player’s username and then type out your message to them. Make sure not to use any of the @ commands if you only want to send a private message to 1 person.
How to Whisper on Console Editions of Minecraft
There are 2 commands in chat that you can use on console editions of Minecraft if you want to whisper. Firstly, open up the chat window and type “/msg” before the username of who you want to send the message to. After their username, type out what you want to say to them.
The other way is to type “/w” into the chat window instead. However, do everything else the same as the above method to whisper. Using “/w” is quicker, due to requiring 2 fewer letters. Therefore, if you want to whisper as efficiently as possible, this is the command to use on console editions of Minecraft.